Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "ruirtsantos@clix.pt" <ru...@clix.pt> on 2002/04/09 19:47:13 UTC

secure transparent reverse proxy

Hi all,
First post hope someone can help me.

I'm trying to configure a reverse proxy for
https.
What I'm trying to perform is to enable a tunnel
from a client to a web server in a second network
going through a reverse proxy.

Currently on my apache server configuration I
have.

<VirtualHost 10.145.35.7:443>
ServerName           server
SSLEngine On
ProxyPass  /  https://server
ProxyPassReverse  / https://server/
SSLCipherSuite
ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
SSLCertificateFile
/apache/serverA/certs/server.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile
/apache/serverA/certs/server.key
</VirtualHost>

This works but it requires a certificate on the
reverse proxy server, what I would like is to
transparently use the certificate from the
backend server. Just like when you request a SSL
connection using a normal proxy.

Is this possible ? How do I configure the reverse
proxy to translate the SSL connection?

Thanks for the help.

Rui Santos

--