Posted to user@storm.apache.org by "Yu, Tao" <Ta...@aware.com> on 2014/08/22 16:49:23 UTC

Create multiple supervisors on same node

Hi all,

Anyone knows what's the requirement to generate multiple supervisors on the same node (for same topology)?  I can create the 1st supervisor, then I update the "supervisor.slots.ports" to different ports, and tried to create the 2nd supervisor on same node, it ends up creating a new supervisor but with same supervisor ID as the 1st one, so it still only has one supervisor on that node and storm UI shows 1 supervisor as well.  Any suggestion on how to create the 2nd, 3rd supervisor on the same node?

Any help is appreciated!

thanks,
-Tao

Re: Create multiple supervisors on same node

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
Instead of increasing supervisors, isn't it possible to increase the works
per supervisor. By default storm creates 4 workers per supervisors. I think
you can override this in storm.ymal file.

thanks,
Amila.

--
Amila Suriarachchi

RE: Create multiple supervisors on same node

Posted by "Yu, Tao" <Ta...@aware.com>.
Thanks Derek, that makes sense for me!

Br,
-Tao