Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Stefan Jakobs <st...@rus.uni-stuttgart.de> on 2007/07/06 16:26:11 UTC

dccifd and spamassassin

Hello list,

I'm using Spamassassin 3.1.8 with amavisd-new 2.3.3 and postfix 2.4.3 on a
mailrelay. Some days ago I installed a new version of DCC. And saw in the
installation instructions that I should enable dccifd if I use spamassassin.
So I did. Now I get the following errors in my logs:

Jul  6 00:27:21 testserv dccifd[28725]: something running with socket
at /var/dcc/dccifd; fatal error
Jul  6 00:27:21 testserv dccifd[9824]: truncated request
Jul  6 01:27:16 testserv dccifd[31941]: getpwnam(490): No such file or
directory

Is it really necessary to enable dccifd? If yes, what will I do to avoid these
errors?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bye
Stefan

Re: dccifd and spamassassin

Posted by Graham Murray <gr...@gmurray.org.uk>.
Stefan Jakobs <st...@rus.uni-stuttgart.de> writes:

> To me it seams as though spamassassin uses allways dccproc. And it
> competes with dccifd.

If it is available, spamassassin will use dccifd in preference to
dccproc.

Re: dccifd and spamassassin

Posted by Stefan Jakobs <st...@rus.uni-stuttgart.de>.
Am Sonntag, 8. Juli 2007 15:20 schrieb Mikael Syska:
> Hi,

Hello Mikael,

thank you for the answer.
I just wondered why rhyolite suggest on their website to enable dccifd when
used with spamassassin.
To me it seams as though spamassassin uses allways dccproc. And it competes
with dccifd.
I just want to know what happens there and why I get these errors.

Greetings
Stefan

Re: dccifd and spamassassin

Posted by Mikael Syska <mi...@syska.dk>.