Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Moore <Jo...@PDSI-Software.COM> on 2002/07/16 05:57:07 UTC

Read-Only Naming Cobtext

Is there a way to remove a Resource from a context once it's been added
OTHER than stopping reloading the application. In 4.0.4 I think I actually
have to reload TC not just the app.   I want to be able to bind new
resources and unbind old resources and want to do it without bringing down
the server/application.    Specifically, I have 41 DataSources and am
frequently adding and  removing references.   i tried ctx.unbind(
"java:comp/env/jdbc/<dsn>" ) but that threw "javax.naming.NamingException:
Context is read only".

Thanks,
john moore