Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Mikko Wuokko <Mi...@evtek.fi> on 2006/09/19 12:26:38 UTC

Help on changing user database

Hi.

I would like to use my own user database for login credentials like
username and hashed passwords. I tried to dig into the
security/loginmodule stuff you have and also scanned the source codes,
but couldn't really figure out what exactly is needed to do. Do I need
to code a new LoginModule and/or something else or can it be done just
with configuration files?

Thank you,

-mikko

Re: Help on changing user database

Posted by Aaron Evans <aa...@gmail.com>.
Look at jetspeed's WEB-INF/assembly/security-spi-atn.xml.

You'll need to provide your own custom implementations for the
org.apache.jetspeed.security.spi.CredentialHandler component (this is
for password encoding/hashing) and for the
org.apache.jetspeed.security.spi.UserSecurityHandler component (this
is for the actual authentication).

Consult the jetspeed API and source code of the default
implementations as a guide. It's not that bad, trust me.