Posted to dev@skywalking.apache.org by 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu...@foxmail.com> on 2018/11/23 00:56:05 UTC

[New user] guazi.com is using SkyWalking in their product env.

Hi

I just want to share with you. I gave a speech about `SkyWalking on Istio` yesterday at guazi.com, which is one of the largest used car online dealer in China. They are interested in Mesh, used Istio from 0.2-1.0, just gave up :P. But they still consider use Kong as proxy to make mesh happens. That is why I got the invitation at the beginning. But surprised me, one of their new-car department, already put SkyWalking on production env based on javaagent solution by using our 5.x series version. 42 Service(instance unknown), 11k endpoints under SkyWalking observing. And greater thing is, they agreed to open the info to community in these days through our powered-by page.

------------------
Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking & Sharding-Sphere

Re: [New user] guazi.com is using SkyWalking in their product env.

Posted by 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu...@foxmail.com>.
The team leader from guazi.com and maodou.com added them as our open user list. I have informed them, if you will try to use Istio or Kong as mesh solution, we are interested in what SkyWalking can do in there.

Also, at here, we have more than 50 open users in public.

Jian Tan,

I hope our new website could include this list and our user wall as well. Also, could you ask your friend join this channel too?

------------------

Posted by 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu...@foxmail.com>.
Short version. Unstable and some features don't work even in 1.0. But still, mesh is high valued and they are keeping watching how Istio and Envoy go. I think after some medium size companies announce they are using in production environments, they will be back :)

From:  "Hongtao Gao"<ha...@gmail.com>;
Date:  Fri, Nov 23, 2018 10:13 AM
To:  "dev"<de...@skywalking.apache.org>;

It's amazing that they were in SkyWalking for very beginning.
I am quite intrested in the season why they dropped istio.

吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu...@foxmail.com> 于 2018年11月23日周五 08:56写道:

Posted by Hongtao Gao <ha...@gmail.com>.