Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Gautam R Singh (gautsing)" <ga...@cisco.com> on 2013/05/16 12:10:29 UTC

Setting up two webapps directories for tomcat 7.x

Hi,

We are creating a small hosting environment for Tomcat 7.x, and we
basically want to segregrate the webapps directory into two (systemapps,
userapps). The dir userapps is where a user could deploy his apps, has
correct perms to write to that dir. And systemapps is where certain
monitoring war files required for the tomcat instance, only admins have
write perms for the dir. The userapps and system apps should both be
available from same virtual host. Is this possible?

--G

Re: Setting up two webapps directories for tomcat 7.x

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 16/05/2013 11:10, Gautam R Singh (gautsing) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are creating a small hosting environment for Tomcat 7.x, and we
> basically want to segregrate the webapps directory into two (systemapps,
> userapps). The dir userapps is where a user could deploy his apps, has
> correct perms to write to that dir. And systemapps is where certain
> monitoring war files required for the tomcat instance, only admins have
> write perms for the dir. The userapps and system apps should both be
> available from same virtual host. Is this possible?

Yes, but only one of them (probably the userapps) can have automatic
deployment enabled. The other will have to be treated as an external
location and context.xml files added to conf/<engine>/<host> to point to
those WARs or DIRs.

Mark