Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au> on 2003/01/28 04:45:49 UTC

Example committer acknowledgement

The example committer acknowledgement on
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/roles.html indicates that a new committer
should send an email to asf at jaguNET.com.  What is the purpose of this,
and assuming there is a purpose, what is the address that should actually be
used.

Thanks,

Scott
--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.

Re: Example committer acknowledgement - RESEND

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
On 5/02/2003 2:24 PM, "Pier Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org> wrote:

> On 5/2/03 2:59 "Scott Eade" <se...@backstagetech.com.au> wrote:
>
>>> The example committer acknowledgement on
>>> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/roles.html indicates that a new committer
>>> should send an email to asf at jaguNET.com.  What is the purpose of this,
                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>> and assuming there is a purpose, what is the address that should actually be
>>> used.
>
> The email address you have to use is the one you normally use (in your case
> Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>)... The purpose is to let know the
> ASF secretary that you can actually write code in our CVS, and therefore
> legally bound to the Foundation itself (in good and bad times)...
>
>   Pier

Thanks for the response Pier.  I should have been more careful with my
wording.  What I was actually wanting to query was:

1. The address asf@jaguNET.com - this does not seem to be operable (it
bounces mail)
2. For what purpose is the public key required.

Thanks,

Scott

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.

FW: Example committer acknowledgement - RESEND

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
Does anyone have an answer to my query below?

Thanks,

Scott
--

------ End of Forwarded Message