Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ATUL PAL /RTG/INFOTECH/BKC <at...@icici-infotech.com> on 2003/02/14 08:36:17 UTC

[users@httpd] Browsing file in apache

Hi,

I having a test environment in which i am able to view files
with extensions like .txt , .log
through URL .Is it possible to restrict the viewing of file
with certain extensions. The
directory browsing is disabled .

What is OS user through which internet user access apache
like IUSR_MACHINENAME in IIS.

Regards
Atul
--

"This e-mail message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. It
should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have erroneously

Re: [users@httpd] Browsing file in apache

Posted by Lewis Watson <li...@visionsix.com>.
I having a test environment in which i am able to view files
with extensions like .txt , .log
through URL .Is it possible to restrict the viewing of file
with certain extensions. The
directory browsing is disabled .
What is OS user through which internet user access apache
like IUSR_MACHINENAME in IIS.
Regards
Atul

Hi Atul,
You can disable viewing certain files like so in the config....
<Files ~ "^\.ht">
    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all
    Satisfy All
</Files>

Also, look for the "user" and "group" in httpd.conf to see what user the
server is running as. However, I am not sure what affect this has if you
are running this on Windows.
Have fun!
Lewis