Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/24 00:37:07 UTC

Re: Manual Steps for Integrating Maven with Eclipse...

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 3:28 AM, Shesadri
Parthasarathy<sp...@sapient.com> wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> We are working for one of our clients and all our development happens thru Eclipse 3.1. We are using Maven Project for Build and deployment process. As there is some issues in doing the installation of the maven plugin in Eclipse, we want to know the manual steps involved in achieving the same what plug-in installation does.
>
> Is it possible for you to provide the steps (changes to folder or workspace, inclusion of list of executable etc) as part of Maven integration into Eclipse so that we can do it manually.
>
> Quick response on this would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Sesha.

This question belongs on the users list.

Have a look at the http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/

There is nothing special about Eclipse and Maven projects.
You just need configure Eclipse to have all the jars that you pom.xml
defines as dependencies (and their transitive dependencies)

The maven-eclipse-plugin automates that for you.

Re: Manual Steps for Integrating Maven with Eclipse...

Posted by aldana <al...@gmx.de>.

baerrach wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 3:28 AM, Shesadri
> Parthasarathy<sp...@sapient.com> wrote:
>> Hi ,
>>
>> We are working for one of our clients and all our development happens
>> thru Eclipse 3.1. We are using Maven Project for Build and deployment
>> process. As there is some issues in doing the installation of the maven
>> plugin in Eclipse, we want to know the manual steps involved in achieving
>> the same what plug-in installation does.
>>
>> Is it possible for you to provide the steps (changes to folder or
>> workspace, inclusion of list of executable etc) as part of Maven
>> integration into Eclipse so that we can do it manually.
>>
>> Quick response on this would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sesha.
>>

> This question belongs on the users list.
>
> Have a look at the http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/
>
> There is nothing special about Eclipse and Maven projects.
> You just need configure Eclipse to have all the jars that you pom.xml
> defines as dependencies (and their transitive dependencies)
>
> The maven-eclipse-plugin automates that for you.

Yes, doing 'mvn eclipse:eclipse' is quite reliable and currently the best
way to import maven-projects to eclipse. Are you sure that you use eclipse
3.1? It is definetely outdated, current version is 3.4.

-----
manuel aldana
aldana((at))gmx.de
software-engineering blog: http://www.aldana-online.de

Re: Manual Steps for Integrating Maven with Eclipse...

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@gmail.com>.
Or you can do it the other way around, install a maven plugin in
Eclipse, such as m2eclipse [1]

[1] http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk