Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Simon Parker <Si...@polarlake.com> on 2002/12/06 16:18:42 UTC

Unbuffered SAX

Good morning.

I need to interpret endless XML documents of arbitrary size, received from
the network in bursts.

I want the parser to deliver SAX events to my document handler as they
happen, more or less.

Xerces 2 processes text in chunks corresponding to the capacity of internal
buffers, and short elements are often not seen for a long time.

Xerces 1 allowed me to replace the reader factory and introduce an
unbuffered reader:
    xmlReader.setReaderFactory (new StreamingCharFactory());

The mechanism was described in a FAQ at
http://xml.apache.org/xerces-j/faq-write.html

How can I achieve a similar effect in Xerces 2?

Regards,
 Simon

---
Simon Parker