Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de> on 2002/07/01 18:38:15 UTC

CryptoService added to Fulcrum

Hi,

I just commited the Crypto Service to Fulcrum. We here are using it
for at least three months without any problems. I ported it to
Fulcrum, cleaned it up, wrote some docs for it ( :-) ), even cleaned
up most of the checkstyle complaints.

There is one problem: You now need the cryptix32.jar to compile
Fulcrum. I added a dependency to the project.xml file but can someone
who is able to access the jar repository contact me so I can give you
the needed cryptix32.jar

Alternativly you can download it from www.cryptix.org; please be sure
to get the 3.2.0 release so that Fulcrum still compiles with JDK 1.2+

	Regards
		Henning

--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen       -- Geschaeftsfuehrer
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH     hps@intermeta.de

Am Schwabachgrund 22  Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0   info@intermeta.de
D-91054 Buckenhof     Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20

Re: CryptoService added to Fulcrum

Posted by Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at>.
Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:
> Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> writes:
>

>>Henning, per your note, I checked with some other ASF members, and it
>>turns out that we've already sent a letter to the BXA guys and
>>redistribute the Cryptix JCE library from apache.org.
>

> Cool. Can you put it into the jar repository for turbine? I can send
> you the version that I am using (3.2.0 for JDK 1.2+).
>
> BTW: Who _can_ rebuild the docs on jakarta.apache.org/turbine or how
> can I do it myself? At least the fulcrum is slightly out of date...

ant maven:deploy-site
you need access to jakarta.apache.org

done for fulcrum

martin

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.

It's the Cryptix JCE library (cryptix32.jar) from http://cryptix.org/.

Re: CryptoService added to Fulcrum

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 20:21, Daniel Rall wrote:
> Henning, per your note, I checked with some other ASF members, and it
> turns out that we've already sent a letter to the BXA guys and
> redistribute the Cryptix JCE library from apache.org.

Where is the JAR? I'm just fixing all the project-b5.xml descriptors and
I need to update the repository with the JAR.

> - Dan

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@apache.org
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: CryptoService added to Fulcrum

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> writes:

>Henning Schmiedehausen <hp...@intermeta.de> writes:

>It's legal to distribute within the US, but not to outside.  Since the
>ASF does not have the infrastructure in place to setup and monitor
>automated download restrictions, we choose not to play in the crypto
>distribution arena.

I don't know in which U.S. you're living but the U.S. of A. that I
know just require you to put the following thing publicly readable (in
a README or a Web site):

--- cut ---
This site includes publicly available encryption source code which,
together with object code resulting from the compiling of publicly
available source code, may be exported from the United States under
License Exception "TSU" pursuant to 15 C.F.R. Section 740.13(e).
--- cut ---

You find more information here:

http://www.bxa.doc.gov/Encryption/EncFAQs6_17_02.html

I understand why Apache does not want to get caught in the encryption
play. But could then some kind soul

- either show me how I can update the non-distributeable.jars File for
  Fulcrum.

- Update it with a notice where to find the cryptix.jar just as it
  happened with the activation.jar

	Regards
		Henning

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Warner Onstine <sw...@warneronstine.com>.
Actually it would be better to have a warning message about that and a url
on where to go get it, this is defined in Maven somewhere, but I can't
remember where.

Crossposting to maven's user list for clarification.

-warner

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: CryptoService added to Fulcrum