Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Andreas Schaefer <an...@madplanet.com> on 2007/10/11 20:31:38 UTC

ServiceMix does not deploy Anything

Re: ServiceMix does not deploy Anything

Posted by ScottFord <sc...@corelinksolutions.com>.
So what is the best way to make sure servicemix redeploys everything fresh on
a restart, but still hangs on to other data that may have been in process at
shutdown.  Basically, we are trying to script a "graceful" way to terminate
servicemix, deploy new artifacts, then start up servicemix so that it picks
up where it left off.  Is it possible to delete the
data\smx\service-assemblies directory only, to force a fresh deployment of
everything in hotdeploy, while leaving all other data in the data directory
untouched?  Is this a common process people use?  If we leave the data
directory alone, we sporadically have issues with deployments, but we don't
drop transactions that were in process during shutdown.  If we completely
wipe the data directory, the deployment goes fine, but we lose the messages
that didn't get all the way through during shut down.  Any advice?

Re: ServiceMix does not deploy Anything

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
If you want to restart from a clean state, just remove the *whole*
data directory.  ServiceMix will redeploy everything and it will work
much better.

On 10/11/07, Andreas Schaefer <an...@madplanet.com> wrote:

--
Cheers,