Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Doug Meil <do...@explorysmedical.com> on 2011/12/06 01:28:18 UTC

Rename "book" to "manual", redux

Hi folks-

Sorry to reopen this, but hopefully only briefly.  I'm fine with renaming it something else "not book", but in taking a few samples of others would anybody object to it being called "Reference Guide"?  "Reference Manual" is ok too.  But I must admit I'm partial to "Reference Guide."

Other Examples…

"Berkeley DB Programmer's Reference Guide"
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17076_02/html/programmer_reference/index.html

"ZooKeeper Programmer's Guide"
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/zookeeperProgrammers.html

"MySQL Reference Manual"
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/

Oracle RDBMS
http://www.oracle.com/pls/db111/homepage
(Developer's Guide, Java Developer's Guide, Administrator's Guide,
Security Guide, etc.)

Doug Meil
Chief Software Architect, Explorys
doug.meil@explorys.com

Re: Rename "book" to "manual", redux

Posted by Jesse Yates <je...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Jesse Yates

Re: Rename "book" to "manual", redux

Posted by Doug Meil <do...@explorysmedical.com>.
Thanks everybody!  "Reference Guide" it is.

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Gray <jg...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Nicolas Spiegelberg <ns...@fb.com>.