Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Atluri Satish <at...@gmail.com> on 2004/10/24 06:27:51 UTC

Invalid xdoc transformation to HTML

Hi all

I had been having this issue for some time, in my project, few Xdoc
files are being transformed to invalid html files (The xml files are
just being renamed to .html files with all xdoc tags). The same xdoc
files yield the required results, when project.xml has no configured
maven reports.

I tried getting to the root of the problem with maven debug options,
unfortunately the logs were clear and indicated no trouble.

The next step, I tried was to build the project from grounds up by
reworking on maven related files, After long frustrating hours, I
could simulate the problem, The problem is xdoc are not transforming
to a valid HTML files, when the project.xml includes reports like
JavaDoc,jxr and JunitReport. The moment, I remove these standard maven
reports, every thing works fine.

The best hypothesis, I could speculate is of a probable memory
problem. I decide pursue this line of hypothesis. Surprisingly, I
don't have any OutOfMemory exceptions, However, by increasing memory,
I could observer the results were little better.

I tried the following tuning steps:-

(a) Increased jvm heap size to  -Xmx1500m (that's all I could
allocate) in maven.bat file

(b) Tuned JUNIT parameters

maven.junit.fork=yes
maven.junit.jvmargs=-Xmx128m

(c) Tuned Java Doc Parameters

maven.javadoc.useexternalfile=yes
maven.javadoc.maxmemory=1024m

After few more hours, the quest has ended no-where. I request your
help in making me understand, where the problem might be? How do, I
get over it. Any bright ideas or work-arounds?

The project contains has less than 500 source files and is build using
maven 1.0 on Windows XP M/C(2Ghz processor with 1.5 GB RAM) with IBM
JDK 1.3.1

bye
Satish Atluri