Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Timo --Blazko-- Boewing <bl...@neveprise.net> on 2003/11/05 22:35:20 UTC

c:import and Struts actions physically losing bytes

Hello all,

Yet again another problem: i want to include another dynamic resource
via JSTL's c:import into a JSP. When doing so with another JSP
everything works great. However, when doing so with a Struts action, the
request gets shortened (First x bytes are cut)!

The Struts action really does nothing more than that in my testcase:
just setting a forward to the same JSP page to include. The page to
include is kept simple to avoid intereference of any other called code,
it just contains a page directive and "Hello".

Thus,
<c:import url="/WEB-INF/jsp/test.jsp" />

works, but
<c:import url="/simple.do" />

Simply cuts the first bytes of the request, thus i receive an incomplete
document.
As said, the Struts action really just sets a forward to the same JSP as
in the first example.
The document's beginning gets cut somewhere, not only the importing JSP
gets cut but the cut also reaches to the called JSP.

Am i doing wrong???

My setup:
- J2SDK 1.4.1_02 on Debian GNU/Linux sid
- Tomcat 5.0.14
- up to date JSTL 1.1
- up to date Struts

web.xml "links" against JSP 2.0 / Servlet 2.4.
BTW: When using jsp:include, the whole calling JSP is replaced w/ the
called document. However, jsp:include is not an option die to c:import
tech advantages.
*But*, important may be this two-liner that Jasper throws to STDOUT:

Nov 5, 2003 10:26:22 PM org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl
release
WARNING: Internal error flushing the buffer in release()

? Bug due to Tomcat beta... or?

Thanx

--
greetings,                   |  /"\
                             |  \ /  ASCII-Ribbon-Campaign
Timo                         |   X     Against HTML Mail
                             |  / \
PUBLIC KEY:
52F3311A     Timo Boewing  <bl...@neveprise.net> 2003/10/30
Fingerprint = F743 E0AA A2F0 1B33 F6FA 417B 72BE 740D 52F3 311A

Re: c:import and Struts actions physically losing bytes

Posted by Brice Ruth <br...@fiskars.com>.
Try to do replicate in Tomcat 4.1.27, if it works there, file a bug for 5.x

--
Brice D. Ruth
Sr. IT Analyst