Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/26 14:56:44 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton 0.24.0

Hi folks,

I have put together a spin for a Qpid Proton 0.24.0 release, please
give it a test out and vote accordingly.

The files can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.24.0-rc1/

The JIRAs assigned are:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12343063

It is tagged as 0.24.0-rc1.

Regards,
Robbie

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton 0.24.0

Posted by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>.
+1

Posted by Justin Ross <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roddie Kieley <rk...@gmail.com>.
+1 (advisory)

On OSX 10.11.6:
- Updated MacPorts Portfile to pull 0.24.0-rc1 tag; built and installed
-- built and ran installed c examples
-- built and ran installed cpp examples
- cloned the Apache Github qpid-proton repository, checked out the tag
0.24.0-rc1
-- Generated and built via Makefiles; no bindings, no valgrind
-- Generated and built via Xcode project w/Xcode 7.3.1 command line tools;
no bindings, no valgrind
--- Ran ctest -VV -C Debug and passed successfully

On Fedora 27
- cloned the Apache Github qpid-proton repository, checked out the tag
0.24.0-rc1
-- Generated and built with default configuration
-- ran ctest -VV with no failures

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
+1, works in the Envoy bridge

Posted by Ken Giusti <kg...@redhat.com>.
+1

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 10:56 AM, Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a Qpid Proton 0.24.0 release, please
> give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The files can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.24.0-rc1/
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> projectId=12313720&version=12343063
>
> It is tagged as 0.24.0-rc1.
>
> Regards,
> Robbie

-K

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton 0.24.0

Posted by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@redhat.com>.
+1
* Validated signatures and checksums
* Checked for presence of LICENSE and NOTICE files
* Compiled source and ran tests against Qpid Dispatch master and all tests
pass
* Compiled and ran tests against Qpid Dispatch 1.1.0. The policy tests fail
but that is because of stricter UIRL parsing introduced in Proton 0.24. All
tests still pass with Dispatch 1.1.0 and Proton 0.23

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1

Built from source bundle, verified checksum and signature and ran unit
tests on Ubuntu 16.04.3 (VM)

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 26/06/18 18:50, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 26/06/18 15:56, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I have put together a spin for a Qpid Proton 0.24.0 release, please
>> give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> +1
>
> * verified signature and has
> * built from source including tests
> * built dispatch 1.1.0 against it (some test failures due to
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DISPATCH-1024, fixed on master)
> * ran python examples against dispatch
> * built qpid-cpp against it

I do think it would be worth an explicit release note concerning
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-1354, indicating that
applications using GSSAPI which are not explicitly setting that on the
client side, will not work as before with this release. The solution is
to have the application clients explicitly set GSSAPI as a/the
sasl-mechanism.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton 0.24.0

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.
+1 (on Fedora Linux 4.16.7-200.fc27.x86_64 #1 SMP)

* verified kit checksum
* build/install
* passes self test
* included in qpid-dispatch (current master) build
* passes dispatch self test
* set up local router network and pass millions of messages

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 06/26/2018 10:56 AM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a Qpid Proton 0.24.0 release, please
> give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The files can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.24.0-rc1/
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12343063
>
> It is tagged as 0.24.0-rc1.
>
> Regards,
> Robbie

+1

* Validated signature and checksum
* Checked for license and notice files
* Built from source and ran tests
* Ran the included examples against standalone Artemis broker
* Ran performance tests using the built libraries against an Artemis broker

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton 0.24.0

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 26 June 2018 at 15:56, Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a Qpid Proton 0.24.0 release, please
> give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The files can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.24.0-rc1/
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12343063
>
> It is tagged as 0.24.0-rc1.
>
> Regards,
> Robbie

+1

I checked things out as follows:

- Verified the sig and checksum files.
- Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE files in the archives.
- Ran the build, tests, and installed.
- Built Qpid Dispatch master against it and ran the tests.
- Built Qpid Dispatch 1.1.0 against it and ran the tests. A few of the tests
  in "system_tests_policy" failed, seemingly due to use of invalid URLs. I
  believe this is the issue noted by Chuck in the 1.1.0 RC6 vote.
- Built Qpid CPP 1.38.0 against it.
- Ran the Qpid JMS HelloWorld example against the built routers and broker.

Robbie