Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Izzo, Graziano" <GI...@na.atos.it> on 2001/01/12 14:15:41 UTC

time out connection gateway wap

Hi people,
I am developing an xsl/wml application in cocoon enviroment.
My application does same select on DB2/as400 via jdbc.
Usually, it's work well.
The problem is: when call a select really hard ( 40 sec. ) from my
nokia7110,
after 30 sec i have an error message.
My question is:
Is it possible to change the time out connection?

thanks
Graziano

Re: time out connection gateway wap

Posted by Michael Bierenfeld <mi...@atmiralis.de>.
"Izzo, Graziano" wrote:

> Hi people,
> I am developing an xsl/wml application in cocoon enviroment.
> My application does same select on DB2/as400 via jdbc.
> Usually, it's work well.
> The problem is: when call a select really hard ( 40 sec. ) from my
> nokia7110,
> after 30 sec i have an error message.
> My question is:
> Is it possible to change the time out connection?
>
> thanks
> Graziano

<gg> do this with large db-selections and Internetexplorer </gg> We
solved this partially with :

getting the outputstream from the response and sending constantly some
rubish data. Like "Please wait... Please wait". But I dont know how the
Nokia is reacting on this.

Regards

Michael

Re: time out connection gateway wap

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Izzo, Graziano wrote:

> Hi people,
> I am developing an xsl/wml application in cocoon enviroment.
> My application does same select on DB2/as400 via jdbc.
> Usually, it's work well.
> The problem is: when call a select really hard ( 40 sec. ) from my
> nokia7110,
> after 30 sec i have an error message.
> My question is:
> Is it possible to change the time out connection?

this is almost certainly configured at the web server or wap gateway
level.

- donald