Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2010/11/19 16:20:43 UTC

[VOTE] release UIMA parent-pom and uima-build-resources, version 1, rc4

The UIMA common parent-pom, version 1 rc4, and the uima-build-resources version 1, rc4, are released to the Apache Nexus staging repo, located here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-009/

The SVN tag is https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/build/tags/parent-pom-1-rc4 and
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/build/tags/uima-build-resources-1-rc4

Please examine the release artifact in the staging repo.  The standard verification includes confirming it will build if you download and unzip the xxx-source-release.zip artifacts, and then do a mvn install on them.

Note: you must first do the uima-build-resources project before the parent-pom one, because the parent-pom one depends on the uima-build-resources one.

This release is identical to the previous candidate -rc3 - the only change is to redo this into a new, separate Nexus staging repo, so just these two things can be separately voted on and released.

[ ] +1  to approve release
[ ] 0   no opinion
[ ] -1  to disapprove release

-Marshall

Re: [VOTE] release UIMA parent-pom and uima-build-resources, version 1, rc4

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
I downloaded & unzipped the source-release artifacts, and built and installed
them OK (using mvn install).

I verified the license and notice files are present, including in the Jar of the
uima-build-resources artifact.

[X] +1  to approve release

-Marshall Schor

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

On 11/19/2010 4:11 PM, Eddie Epstein wrote:
> The artifacts build and appear release compliant, so +1
>
> It might be useful in a future release to add more to the parent-pom readme
> to indicate under what circumstances one would want or need to check
> this parent pom out of svn.
>
> For example, based on discussion with Marshall, my understanding
> is that virtually no developers will ever need to do this. This is because
> content of this global parent pom can be overridden with changes to
> the local parent poms in each uima project. The only reason to change
> the global parent pom will be for aesthetic purposes, to migrate instructions
> common to the local parent poms to the global one .

Good point, will do for next release :-) -Marshall

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Tested on Mac, everything working and looking good, +1
Tommaso

[VOTE] [RESULT] release UIMA parent-pom and uima-build-resources, version 1, rc4

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
The vote passes, with 3 +1, and no other votes received.

+1:  Edward Epstein
+1:  Marshall Schor
+1:  Tommaso Teofili

-Marshall