Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Yordan Kostov <Yo...@NSOGROUP.COM> on 2021/06/21 12:10:54 UTC

change ntp server of the SSVMs

Hey everyone,

                ACS 4.15 here. We noticed that SSVMs try to go to internet for NTP sync.
                Decided to change that to local ntps so went to ACS GUI -> Global settings -> "ntp.server.list"

  *   Set the value to "1.1.1.1,2.2.2.2" without the semi columns
  *   Restarted ACS
  *   Destroyed the SSVMs

After SSVMs rebooted they still tried to access the same internet NTPs.
Is there anything that is done wrong here or am I missing something?

Best regards,
Jordan

Re: change ntp server of the SSVMs

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Yordan, looks good. Just one question; when you say "semi columns" you mean
double quotes (") right?

Did you observe anything in the log on the management server or in the new
SSVM about ntp?

--
Daan