Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Israel Brewster <is...@frontierflying.com> on 2008/04/09 20:37:07 UTC

[users@httpd] .cgi as DirectoryIndex?

I have a .cgi script that I would like to use as the DirectoryIndex
for a location on my web server, preferably with the trailing ?abc=
argument attached (although without would work too). I thought I might
just be able to put the .cgi file as the DirectoryIndex directive for
the directory, but that didn't work, failing with an "attempt to
invoke directory as script" error. So what would be the easiest way to
make this work? I don't need to hide the .cgi path/arguments from the
end user or anything, i'd just like to be able to simply type www.myserver.com/abc
  and have the cgi (www.myserver.com/abc/somescript.cgi?someargument=somevalue)
  load. Thanks.

Israel Brewster
Computer Support Technician
Frontier Flying Service Inc.
5245 Airport Industrial Rd
Fairbanks, AK 99709
(907) 450-7250 x293

Re: [users@httpd] .cgi as DirectoryIndex?

Posted by Israel Brewster <is...@frontierflying.com>.
On Apr 10, 2008, at 8:37 AM, Christopher Bianchi wrote:
> Israel,
>
> Use mod_rewrite to redirect requests to a directory to the url of
> the cgi
> page, including any URL variables that you want.

I was hoping to avoid that solution. My experiences with mod_rewrite
have been, shall we say, somewhat less than pleasant :) Oh well, It'll
work. Thanks!

Posted by Christopher Bianchi <ch...@tactek.com>.
Israel,