Posted to users@maven.apache.org by to...@gi-de.com on 2010/08/09 14:49:06 UTC

mvn release:perform -Dgoals=.... ignored

Hi,

my plugin configuration for the maven-release-plugin in our (company)
parent pom.xml is like:

<plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
        <configuration>

<workingDirectory>c:\LocalViewsRelease\${project.artifactId}-${project.version}</workingDirectory>

                <preparationGoals>clean install</preparationGoals>
                <goals>deploy site dashboard:persist dashboard:dashboard
site:deploy</goals>
        </configuration>
        <dependencies>
        </dependencies>
</plugin>

The <goals>deploy site dashboard:persist dashboard:dashboard
site:deploy</goals> section is valid for most of our projects - but
sometimes not.

I than want to release the project with

mvn release:perform -Dgoals="deploy site:deploy" - but the -Dgoals=...
option gets totally ignored:

[INFO] [INFO]    task-segment: [deploy, site, dashboard:persist,
dashboard:dashboard, site:deploy]

IsnĀ“t it possible to set  <goals> in pom.xml, but "override" them if
necessary by commandline ?

Thanx, Torsten