Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Brandon Lee <bh...@bigredswitch.com> on 2004/03/17 21:50:47 UTC

Field Tokenization

Hi.  I would like to tokenize different fields in a document w/
different analyzers but it doesn't seem possible because analyzers are
associated w/ documents but not Fields.  Is there a reason for this?

For example, I'd like:

  Document : Field=Text   - porter w/ stop words analyzer
             Field=Author - whitespace lower-cased analyzer

If I add Field=Author as a Keyword Field (non-tokenized), the document
states that it will add it as a single word (I want separate words but
not through the porter stemmer).

I know that query would be more complicated but I'm willing to code
around that.

Thanks for any enlightenment.