Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Elliot West <te...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/02 08:58:41 UTC

Reconfiguring renewed PEM certificates at the consumer/producer client

Hello,

We're planning to adopt PEM over JKS for all of our Kafka Consumer and
Producer clients. Previously, with JKS, when a certificate was due to
expire, we could simply replace the JKS key store on disk with a renewed
cert and our producer/consumer instances would pick this up automatically
with no need to recreate the producer and consumer instances,

I'm trying to ascertain how this is possible with PEM? We currently pass in
the PEM via properties on creation of the Producers/Consumers. When we need
to update the key certificate, how do we reconfigure the
producers/consumers?

I see promising leads in the Kafka client code, but nothing that bubbles up
to Producer/Consumer.

Many thanks,

Elliot.

Re: Reconfiguring renewed PEM certificates at the consumer/producer client

Posted by Elliot West <te...@gmail.com>.
I've captured this problem in JIRA: