Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Brian Cochran <Br...@onlineinsight.com> on 2002/02/26 16:46:01 UTC

Modification Manager Question

I am having a lot of difficulty getting the modification manager to work
(even on the most simple of web pages). When I add in the HTML Link Parser I
get a null pointer exception when I try to run. As the app initializes and
calls addConfigurationItem the AnchorModifier gets a NullPointer. Presumably
the entry passed to the modifyEntry method is null.

Here is a stack Trace.

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.modifier.AnchorModifier.modifyEntry(AnchorMo
difier.java:157)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.control.ModifyController.addConfigElements(ModifyControlle
r.java:158)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.control.GenericController.configureEntry(GenericController
.java:464)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.control.GenericController.nextEntry(GenericController.java
:284)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.control.GenericController.nextEntry(GenericController.java
:273)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.control.LoopController.nextEntry(LoopController.java:244)
        at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:120)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:498)

My tree looks like this

Test Plan
  - ThreadGroup
    - Modification Manager
       - HTML Link Parser
       - HTTP Request
       - HTTP Request
       - HTTP Request

I have tried this with both the 1.7b3 and with the nightly build to no
avial. I have tried a few other Tree structures as well such as putting the
HTTP Requests inside a simple controller inside the Modification manager but
this has not worked either.

If any ideas, I would greatly apprciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Brian