Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dobri Kitipov <kd...@googlemail.com> on 2008/05/07 16:50:09 UTC

Maven 2.0.7 and

Hi all,
I did not find a good explanation about the usage of <relativePath/> in the
net. I am interested if I have e.g.:

<parent>
        <groupId>com.mycomp</groupId>
        <artifactId>mycomp-parent-pom</artifactId>
        <version>${mycomp.version}</version>
        <relativePath>../../parent-pom/pom.xml</relativePath>
    </parent>

If the <relativePath> will be checked first and then the repositories?
Currently I can see into the logs that Maven tries to download the artifact
from the repository, but there is no an artifact with version
${mycomp.version}. I am expecting that Maven should try the relative path?

Thank you in advance.

Regards, Dobri

Re: Maven 2.0.7 and

Posted by Dobri Kitipov <kd...@googlemail.com>.
Yes, right.

Thanks!

RE: Maven 2.0.7 and

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.

Re: Maven 2.0.7 and

Posted by Dobri Kitipov <kd...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,
I think in this case it is possible to solve this if we use SNAPSHOT as a

RE: Maven 2.0.7 and

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.

RE: Maven 2.0.7 and

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
It would only work I think if those properties are always defined on the
command line or in your settings.

Re: Maven 2.0.7 and

Posted by Dobri Kitipov <kd...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Brian,