Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org> on 2009/04/24 23:46:50 UTC

RESTful ODE

Hi guys,

I'm starting to merge my restful branch on which I've been working for a
while, so you should expect a sizeable commit in the coming days. This is
the first step on the way to full support for RESTful BPEL part 2 [1] and
can be used in the future by any RESTful integration layer implementation.
In short, the modifications are the following:

   - Addition of a Resource type in the IAPI.
   - Specializations of the MessageExchange interface for RESTful
   interactions (RESTIn and RESTOut).
   - Addition of methods in several IAPI interfaces to deal with RESTful
   interactions.
   - OResource referenced by all messaging-related BPEL activities (OInvoke,
   OPickReceive, ...)
   - Split of ODEProcess in an abstract super class (still called
   ODEProcess) and two specialized sub-classes (ODEWSProcess and
   ODERESTProcess).
   - Many more small implementation-level changes here and there, especially
   in Jacob runnables to consider both the WS and RESTful cases.

It's now working pretty well for me, I'm able to run processes that don't
have any WSDL reference (joy!). However the implementation is by no means
complete, a few things are still missing in the engine to make RESTful
support on par, in terms of reliability, with the WS support. Then there
will be the whole integration layer implementation...

If you're interested in RESTful BPEL, feel free to ask if you have more
questions. And if you're working on something the merge could break, feel
free to yell before I'm done.

Cheers,
Matthieu

[1] http://ode.apache.org/restful-bpel-part-ii.html

Re: RESTful ODE

Posted by Madars Vitolins <m...@silodev.eu>.
Hi Matthieu,

Maybe by this it is possible to submit in-line variable initialization
patch?
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODE-236 )

Thanks,
Madars