Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Houle, Dennis W" <De...@West.Boeing.com> on 2001/04/04 18:23:11 UTC

Parser external synchronization

Team Xerces,
If I guarantee (via external synchronization) that only a single thread will
ever be active in a parser instance, can I forgo implementation of the
PlatformUtils mutexes and atomic operations?

The motivation for this is that in my application, the multiple users of the
parser will each make entire sequences of parser accesses atomic (via
lockParser() and unlockParser() operations on a parser wrapper class).  So
we want to avoid the extra overhead of the parser internally taking and
releasing a mutex on each parser access within the atomic sequences.

Thanks for any insights.

Dennis W. Houle
Tactical Communications Networks
The Boeing Company