Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Shekhar Suman <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/15 20:13:51 UTC

Issue: Zookeeper goes down every night

Hello Users,

I am working on a project which leverages Big data technologies to solve
the problem statement and Zookeeper is used as the coordinator. We have
observed that zookeeper goes down every night almost at the same time. No
such load is running during that period. Because of Zookeeper going down,
other components like Hbase is going down as well.

Team has analyzed all the logs possible but root cause could not be traced.
When googled I see few others faced the same issue. But I could not see any
resolution as such. Providing one such link below which talks about the
same issue. Could anyone from the users group provide solution to this, if
encountered in your projects ? I can provide more details, if need be.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hbase-user/201410.mbox/%3CCA+RK=_CiMEsQooYaHq8AfWKnMY1vgsKFDyns4NZGqLhrkz-XNQ@mail.gmail.com%3E

Thank you!

Regards
Shekhar

Re: Issue: Zookeeper goes down every night

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Shekar,

There isn't anything in ZooKeeper that is triggered by wallclock time. One long shot is that you have some background task that runs every day at the same time and causes a GC still on your clients, making sessions expire. I'd need more information to give you a more concrete answer, though. For example, when you say that ZooKeeper goes down, do you mean that leader election occurs? Or is it related to the client sessions expiring only? Please be a bit more specific about ZooKeeper going down.

-Flavio