Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Wendell Hatcher <we...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/16 16:44:18 UTC

corrupt ActiveMQ Kahadb file?

ActiveMQ Team, is it possible to restore a corrupted kahadb file without
losing the data? I saw this article and tried to follow the delete db.redo
and db.data files but it didnt work?

Is it safe to delete the kahadb index file db.data in order to recover the
kahadb index from the journal? - Red Hat Customer Portal
<https://access.redhat.com/solutions/276323>

Re: corrupt ActiveMQ Kahadb file?

Posted by "Tetreault, Lucas" <te...@amazon.com.INVALID>.
Hi Wendell,

There are a couple of options you can try in the KahaDB config:

checkForCorruptJournalFiles - If true, will check for corrupt journal files on startup and try and recover them.
ignoreMissingJournalfiles - If true, reports of missing journal files are ignored.

If deleting the index didn't recover your broker though, I suspect this won't work either.

- Lucas