Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Wayland Chan <in...@yahoo.com> on 2001/07/19 18:20:40 UTC

Still having problems with finding DTDs if server behind f/w

I'm having problem loading the struts-config DTD at
web-app startup. My server is behind a firewall/proxy
and cannot get to the Jakarta or Sun sites directly.

Environment:
WebSphere 3.5.3 on NT4
Struts 1.0

I've searched the struts archives and tried several
things such as:

1. In web.xml, change PUBLIC to SYSTEM in DOCTYPE
defn. and delete "-//Sun..." line
   In struts-config.xml, change PUBLIC to SYSTEM in
DOCTYPE and delete "-//Apache..." line

2. Extracted the org/apache/struts/resources/*.dtd to
$webapp/servlets (including directory)

3. Added docroot, $webapp/web to my webapp's
classpath. Also tried creating WEB-INF directory under
$webapp\servlets and put
org/apache/struts/resources/*.dtd in there.

4. Deleted the DOCTYPE defn in web.xml and
struts-config.xml entirely

5. Modified DOCTYPE to look locally ie.

"file://w/WebSphere/AppServer/hosts/default_host/ptm/servlets/org/apache/struts/resources/*.dtd"

6. Tried to host dtd's locally by putting them in
$webapp\web\dtds and changing DOCTYPE to look there.

Still no luck. I know several people on this list have
encountered this problem but there have been so many
solutions posted. Any consensus on what will work? Was
there a bug that was fixed in a nightly build at one
point to address this?

Regards,

Wayland Chan

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/