Posted to phoenix-dev@avalon.apache.org by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org> on 2002/06/21 08:11:39 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-avalon-phoenix/src/java/org/apache/avalon/phoenix/frontends ComposableServlet.java PhoenixServlet.java

> > Is there a planned replacement for these? We have users using the
> > PhoenixServlet at least.
>
> No. Phoenix is so heavy for container for web development.
> I think another container( like fortress, merlin, tweety ) is better for web
> dev.

it is also one of the few to provide loads of features like JMX. Who's
to say that some web developer doesn't have a use case where he needs
it.

I'm okay with deprecation, as long as we keep this around for a while
yet.

cheers,

- Leo