Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Marius Botha <ma...@workpool.co.za> on 2005/05/18 12:34:54 UTC

Change the order of execution/processing of children tags

Hi there,

Is there any way one can manipulate the order in which tags are executed
within for example an iteration tag? I.e. let's say I have the following:

<my_iterate_tag data="data">
  <tag1>XX</tag1>
  <tag2>YY</tag2>
</my_iterate_tag/>

The user can set as a preference in my application that they want <tag2> to
be displayed/executed first, e.g. like a column in a table. How can I change
the order of these tags when I execute the <my_iterate_tag>? Do I do it in
<my_iterate_tag> or is there another or better way? Please help.

Thanks,

Marius Botha