Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Esposito, Paul" <Pa...@divine.com> on 2001/10/09 23:02:04 UTC

Torque support of the native tag

Currently I am using Torque 2.1, and generating to both Oracle and
MS/SQL Server.  To switch between them I need to modify my schema.xml
file to set the autoincrement tag to either sequence or autoincrement,
depending on the target.  Does anyone know if the native tag works in a
later version of torque.  My goal would be to have one line of code
generated for either target.

Thanks

Re: Torque support of the native tag

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> writes:

> From Age's comments, it sounds like it works w/ CVS HEAD of Turbine 2.

Meaning it works like a charm in Turbine 3 as well--I use it every
day.  =)

Re: Torque support of the native tag

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
"Esposito, Paul" <Pa...@divine.com> writes:

> Currently I am using Torque 2.1, and generating to both Oracle and
> MS/SQL Server.  To switch between them I need to modify my schema.xml
> file to set the autoincrement tag to either sequence or autoincrement,
> depending on the target.  Does anyone know if the native tag works in a
> later version of torque.  My goal would be to have one line of code
> generated for either target.

This was exactly why I added the "native" value in the first place.

Posted by Age Mooy <am...@home.nl>.
I use the cvs HEAD of jakarta-turbine-2 to achieve this. It plugs into tdk 2.1 apps without any problems,
although it is a good idea to also use the torque templates from cvs.

Age