Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Marcin Praczko <ma...@2fluid.co.uk> on 2008/02/11 16:44:48 UTC

Stopped working well.

Hi,

Today I discovered something strange with Spamassassin which we're using in our servers. Normally spamassasin works well. A lot of messages has been market as SPAM - what is correct. Only a few didn't get enough points to be market as SPAM. (we have 7.0) limit.

But today a lot of messages (which are really spam) - has less points. For example 2.2, 4, 5 etc?

I run sa-udate -D and I have last version.

Could you tell me that you have similar issues as well today or in a last few days?

How can I check that my spamassasin is working well and it is using correct database (up-to-date)???

Marcin Praczko

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Re: Stopped working well.

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Marcin Praczko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Today I discovered something strange with Spamassassin which we're using in our servers. Normally spamassasin works well. A lot of messages has been market as SPAM - what is correct. Only a few didn't get enough points to be market as SPAM. (we have 7.0) limit.
>
> But today a lot of messages (which are really spam) - has less points. For example 2.2, 4, 5 etc?

What rule hits were there? Score alone says little.
> I run sa-udate -D and I have last version.

Well, do you have the latest version of SA, or the latest ruleset that
sa-update can provide you?

Looking at your message headers, it appears your version of SA is old
(3.1.4), and sa-update cannot update the spamassassin code, only rulesets.

You might want to consider upgrading. There's 9 releases ahead of that,
and we're now on 3.2.4.

> Could you tell me that you have similar issues as well today or in a last few days?
>
> How can I check that my spamassasin is working well and it is using correct database (up-to-date)???

If you're having problems, I'd recommend you start by installing a
current version of SpamAssassin.

 From there, we can look at your rule hits and see if something else is
also problematic, like mistrained bayes, bad trust path, etc. However,
we'd need the list of rules some of  your low scoring spam is matching
to even begin to look for those problems.