Posted to user@flink.apache.org by yunfan123 <yu...@foxmail.com> on 2017/10/02 11:19:03 UTC

Re: How flink monitor source stream task(Time Trigger) is running?

Thank you.
"If SourceFunction.run methods returns without an exception Flink assumes
that it has cleanly shutdown and that there were simply no more elements to
collect/create by this task. "
This sentence solve my confusion.

Re: How flink monitor source stream task(Time Trigger) is running?

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
I think this might not actually be resolved. What YunFan was referring to in the initial mail is the Thread factory that is used for the processing-time service: https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/5af463a9c0ff62603bc342a78dfd5483d834e8a7/flink-streaming-java/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/streaming/runtime/tasks/StreamTask.java#L223 <https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/5af463a9c0ff62603bc342a78dfd5483d834e8a7/flink-streaming-java/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/streaming/runtime/tasks/StreamTask.java#L223>

How likely is it that a ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor simply fails? I don't think we currently have a mechanism that checks whether this service is still alive and would actually start scheduled tasks.

Best,
Aljoscha

Posted by Piotr Nowojski <pi...@data-artisans.com>.
You are welcome :)