Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Chris Lewis <ch...@bellsouth.net> on 2007/11/16 18:59:32 UTC

T5: testing T5

I've started working on testing my components using the PageTester,
partially based on the site docs and partially on the T5 source. I have
a test method as follows, which mirrors how the FormTest in T5 works:

    @Test
    public void testEffects() {
        String appPackage =
"net.godcode.t5c.integration.pagelevel.rendering";
        String appName = "";
        tester = new PageTester(appPackage, appName);
        Document doc = tester.renderPage("TestSlideShow");
    }

The page template for TestSlideShow uses my component like so:

I have two issues. First, when run by mvn test, no test gets run.
Second, I am able to run it through eclipse using a TestNG run config,
but the test fails with an exception:
"org.apache.tapestry.ioc.internal.util.TapestryException: Unable to
resolve 'gc/slideshow' to a component class name."

This test is part of the same project, but my fake app for testing
(net.godcode.t5c.integration.pagelevel.rendering) doesn't have an app
module to add the component lib to its component package list. However,
neither does the ones (....app2) used by T5! Can anyone point out what I
need to do?

Thanks tons!

Chris

Re: T5: testing T5

Posted by Chris Lewis <ch...@bellsouth.net>.
This worked. For the record I was also pointed to this url that briefly
covers maven2/surefire/testng usage:

http://mohanrajk.wordpress.com/2007/07/21/maven-2-testng-and-surefire-plugin/

'TomTom' pointed this out to me in IRC (#tapestry irc.freenode.net) - ;-)

Thanks for the input

RE: T5: testing T5

Re: T5: testing T5

Posted by Chris Lewis <ch...@bellsouth.net>.

RE: T5: testing T5

Re: T5: testing T5

Posted by Chris Lewis <ch...@bellsouth.net>.
Ok I retract part of that. I see this output in mvn test now:

 T E S T S
Running net.godcode.t5c.integration.pagelevel.rendering.pages.TestSlideShow
Tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.024 sec