Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by chad kellerman <ck...@alabanza.com> on 2002/06/20 20:43:31 UTC

mod_webapp

If you are using mod webapp  do you need?

               enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443"
               acceptCount="10" debug="0" connectionTimeout="60000"/>

to be able to connect to port 8080.

Can't you do it this way?

<Connector className = "org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
          port="8080"
          minProcessors="2"
          maxProcessors="10"
          scheme="http"
          secure="false"
          enableLookups="true"
          acceptCount="10"
          debug="0"/>

   If my server.xml file does not have any reference to HttpConnector I can't
seem to connect to port 8080.

-- chad

Re: mod_webapp

Posted by Milt Epstein <me...@uiuc.edu>.
On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, chad kellerman wrote:

> So you are saying if I am trying to use tomcat with Virtual Hosts,
>
> I can connect to the host box with HttpConnector through port 8080
>
> but at the same time use Warp to serve up servlets and jsp pages (in
> a specified dsrectory) through 8009 with the Warp Connector then
> normal html pages through apache?

I'm not too familiar with Virtual Hosts, but I believe that's correct
(i.e. I think it's true regardless of whether you're using Virtual
Hosts; it might be that the required setup/directives is somewhat
different with Virtual Hosts).

Caveat: I've heard that the way WARP/mod_webapp works in terms of
passing requests to Tomcat it doesn't distinguish between
static/dynamic content, so that anything under a tomcat context/web
application will be handled by tomcat; supposedly if you use mod_jk
you can have apache handle such static content.

Re: mod_webapp

Posted by chad kellerman <ck...@alabanza.com>.
So you are saying if I am trying to use tomcat with Virtual Hosts,

I can connect to the host box with HttpConnector through port 8080

but at the same time use Warp to serve up servlets and jsp pages  (in a
specified dsrectory) through 8009 with the Warp Connector then normal html
pages through apache?

--chad

--
Chad Kellerman