Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de> on 2015/12/31 17:16:10 UTC

Happy new year

Hi,

My personal New Year's Greeting:

Let me announce that now that regulary Bigtop CI jobs for for the first non-x86 HW are now up and running!

That's the Build for the IBM Power 8 Little Endian Architecture:

http://ci.bigtop.apache.org/job/Bigtop-trunk-packages-ppc64le/

While this may not be a regular usecase for most of you, it helped to improve the code base of Bigtop tremendously.

A big thanks to all who contributed, not to forget IBM offering access to a development machine.

Happy new year to you all!
  Olaf

PS: Any other vendor of 64 Bit Platforms is invited to join.

Re: Happy new year

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
I think you have outlined this pretty well. Adding new architecture isn't much
different than adding a new component: the set of requirements is the same.
Ideally, not only _some_ smokes tests should work, but the test matrix should
be the same as with other platforms, already supported in the stack.

Please keep these discussions on the list to give the rest of the
community a chance to participate. (crossposting to dev@ as well)

Cheers,
  Cos

Re: Happy new year

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: Happy new year

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
hi

Re: Happy new year

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Re: Happy new year

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Re: Happy new year

Posted by "MrAsanjar ." <af...@gmail.com>.
Hi Olaf,
Without your help this would not have been possible Bravo :)
We (IBM) are planing  to expand our collaboration with BigTop community for
2016.
I will be out hiking in Costa Rica for the next two weeks, but planing to
setup
a meeting with BigTop community leaders to further discuss our
collaboration, whom should I invite to the meeting?

Regards
Amir Sanjar
OpenPOWER Spark Solution Architect

512-286-9846

Re: Happy new year

Posted by "MrAsanjar ." <af...@gmail.com>.
Hi Olaf,

Re: Happy new year

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
Hi Olaf!

Re: Happy new year

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
Happy New Year !

I think the integration pushes Bigtop to a new level.
Thank you Olaf and the other guys to make it happened.

Wish you all the best and have a colorful year in 2016.

Re: Happy new year

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: Happy new year

Posted by RJ Nowling <rn...@gmail.com>.