Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org> on 2017/09/01 19:33:15 UTC

Re: Dependency directories?

I'm not sure for C/C++.

For the languages that have artifact repositories (Java, Python, Perl etc),
the norm is to use those systems.

It does feel weird to have an Apache source project with a large lump of
its code appearing to be the same product but not part of the project.

The approaches that naively jump out to me are:

1) As it currently is, linking MXNet to the other git repositories.
2) User installs them themselves and MXNet uses configure/make to build.
3) Copy the source over into the MXNet project.
4) Create new repositories at Apache for each of them (and then possibly
still just link them in).

Jim (or anyone else) - any advice you could offer on how C/C++ dependencies
are handled at Apache projects?

Hen