Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Rutherford, Matthew [CIB-IT]" <ma...@citigroup.com> on 2006/08/02 13:05:27 UTC

NPE on org.apache.jmeter.protocol.jms.client.Publisher.initConnection(Publisher.java:86)

Hi
I have avoided the ldap route for setting jndi props for now and am supplying actual jndi values to my (TibcoEMS) jms publisher sampler.  I supply the following settings:
InitialContextFactory:	com.tibco.tibjms.naming.TibjmsInitialContextFactory
ProviderURL:		tcp://hostname:port
ConnectionFactory:	jndiNameOfFactory
Topic:			jndiNameOfTopic

Authentication is used, and cfg is in txt format from a file.

When I run the test, I get the following:

2006/08/01 18:41:09 INFO  - jmeter.protocol.jms.client.InitialContextFactory: created the JNDI initial context factory
2006/08/01 18:41:09 ERROR - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread:  java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.jms.client.Publisher.initConnection(Publisher.java:86)
	at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.jms.client.Publisher.<init>(Publisher.java:63)
	at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.jms.sampler.PublisherSampler.initClient(PublisherSampler.java:110)
	at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.jms.sampler.PublisherSampler.sample(PublisherSampler.java:134)
	at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.jms.sampler.PublisherSampler.sample(PublisherSampler.java:121)
	at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:247)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

from what I can tell in the jmeter src the call to ctx.lookup(fac), where fac is the jndiNameOfFactory string, is not returning an instanceof TopicConnectionFactory...

Do I need to supply more parameters/different ones?

Re: NPE on org.apache.jmeter.protocol.jms.client.Publisher.initConnection(Publisher.java:86)

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
hmm, looks like the jndi lookup is failing. unfortunately I have no
experience with Tibco

peter