Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stephan Coboos <cr...@gmx.net> on 2004/09/14 09:32:18 UTC

Bug in build of JavaFlow?

Hello,

I don't need the samples and don't need the ojb block but the Javaflow
block, so I had only Javaflow marked as include=true.

But during build I got an exception:

PersistenceFlow.java:81: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class Employee
location: class org.apache.cocoon.samples.flow.java.PersistenceFlow
        employee = (Employee) broker.getObjectByIdentity(new
Identity(employee,
broker));
                    ^

I don't need samples and don't need ojb and therefore I had excluded
these blocks, but why I got an compilation error here because of an
class from ojb cannot resolved?

Is it a bug in the build structure?

That to do?

Regards
Stephan

Re: Bug in build of JavaFlow?

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
I had this exact same problem with Javaflow. The problem is that even
though you excluded the samples, the build still tries to compile the
sample source.  I submitted a patch that fixes that (for all blocks). I
believe it was applied to BRANCH_2_1_X, so you might try the latest from
SVN.  Also, the dependency documentation should be changed to itemize the
block dependency vs. sample dependency. I believe Javaflow is actually only
dependent on the core.

Ralph