Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by parimal gain <ga...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/11 05:55:21 UTC

Need information on Visit entity

Hi All,
There is a field named contactMech in Visit entity. At first look it seems
that this is to store the contact information for a visitor who visited the
site. But in current system this field is not storing any value although
visits information is stored.
So can anybody explain the exact purpose of this field and what will be the
value to be stored with respect to anon and registered user, also is this
is only a dummy field or it is functional in current system.
Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Need information on Visit entity

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hi Parimal,
Currently till 1104 there is no code support available in the system for
contactMechId field of Visit entity.
As per the purpose of the Visit entity, it will store the user's postal
contactMechId or may be email contactMechId purely based on your
requirement. It should be only used when the user is register, in the same
fashion the userLoginId and partyId values persist in the system.

The reason behind not in used is if you have the partyId/userLoginId wrt to
visit then you can easily fetch all other information of the party.
Using this field for any purpose is fine but before doing it, must think
once that we already have mapping of other related fields in the same
entity.

HTH!

--
Rishi Solanki
Manager, Enterprise Software Development

Posted by parimal gain <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by parimal gain <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Rishi, this makes clear I was only concern that this is already
implemented in ofbiz, but not implemented then its up to me of
customization.