Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Kev Jackson <ke...@it.fts-vn.com> on 2006/05/03 08:50:09 UTC

Antlib alias?

Hi,

I've been messing with some code today, and looking at antlibs, a
typical declaration may be something like:

<antlib>
  <taskdef
    name="my_task"
    classname="org.apache.ant.my_task.Task1"
    />

</antlib>

I was wondering if there would be any usefulness in adding an 'alias'
attribute, which could take a list of aliases.  This would allow an
antlib to have an official name for a task, whilst still allowing the
use of abbreviations (which is fairly common in unix land (--verbose/-v
etc)).

<antlib>
  <taskdef
    name="my_task"
    alias="t, task, task1"
    classname="org.apache.ant.my_task.Task1"
    />

</antlib>

Any thoughts?

Kev

Re: Antlib alias?

Posted by Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>.
You can declare multiple taskdefs all pointing to the same impl. class, or
you can declare it once & then use presetdef (I think).

Jeffrey E. (Jeff) Care
carej@us.ibm.com
IBM WebSphere Application Server Development
WAS Pyxis Lead Release Engineer

Kev Jackson <ke...@it.fts-vn.com>
05/03/2006 02:50 AM
Please respond to