Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Yogs <ym...@gemstone.com> on 2007/01/16 16:13:54 UTC

multiple SocketIOProcessors

Hi,

In case of multiple SocketIOProcessors, is it possible to have some of the
SocketIOProcessors as control selectors (quick response) and others as data
selectors (late response)?
Its like control selector and data selector (control channel, data channel
pattern). Can I distinguish them?

By seeing at the MINA code, I can say it registers newly created channels to
one of the available SocketIoProcessors in round robin fashion.

Thanks in advance,
Yogesh

Re: multiple SocketIOProcessors

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 1/17/07, Yogs <ym...@gemstone.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In case of multiple SocketIOProcessors, is it possible to have some of the
> SocketIOProcessors as control selectors (quick response) and others as
> data
> selectors (late response)?
> Its like control selector and data selector (control channel, data channel
> pattern). Can I distinguish them?
>
> By seeing at the MINA code, I can say it registers newly created channels
> one of the available SocketIoProcessors in round robin fashion.

It's a known issue, and will be taken care of in 2.0:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-292

As always, patches are welcome!

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6