Posted to users@maven.apache.org by sundeepmalali <su...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/19 13:35:32 UTC

Jar file path in application.xml incorrect - Maven 1.0 & JBoss 4.0

Hi,

I'm using Maven 1.0 to generate the ear and deploy it in JBoss 4.0.

The issue I'm facing is, the java module entries in
ear/META-INF/application.xml are incorrect. I have placed all jars inside a
'library' folder under the ear. But in application.xml, only the name of the
jar is
mentioned without the directory prefix.

ear structure
--------------
ear

 -- META-INF

          -- application.xml

  -- library

          -- CertificateServer.jar

Code snippets given below.

Project.xml (only the dependency section)
-----------
<dependency>
    <groupId>mstr</groupId>
    <artifactId>CertificateServer</artifactId>
    <version>1.0</version>
    <type>jar</type>
    <properties>
        <ear.module>true</ear.module>
        <ear.bundle.dir>lib</ear.bundle.dir>
    </properties>
</dependency>

The generated application.xml (only the module entry)
-----------------------------
<module>
    <java>CertificateServer.jar</java>
</module>

Since it is not prefixed by the 'library' folder, JBoss is not able to find
it and throws ClassNotFoundException.

I would want the above entry to be like this -

<module>
    <java>library/CertificateServer.jar</java>
</module>

On manually prefixing the folder, JBoss is able to find the jar.

How should I prefix the jar file path during build ? Any help is
appreciated.

Thanks,
Sundeep

Re: Jar file path in application.xml incorrect - Maven 1.0 & JBoss 4.0

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Wayne Fay wrote:

>> The problem is this code has been there for 6 years and no investment has
>> been made for any kind of upgradation. Also, we are kind of moving into
>> auto
>
> The most pragmatic solution is most likely "download the source code
> to Maven1 and the plugins we are using, find the line(s) that need to
> be modified to accommodate our needs, make the changes, and release a
> new version of said plugins with those changes into our corporate
> MRM."
>
> Hopefully there is investment available for this. Otherwise you're
> just dead in the water.

The most pragmatic solution is to let Maven simply work i.e. keep the jars
in the root and then there's no problem.

- Jörg

Re: Jar file path in application.xml incorrect - Maven 1.0 & JBoss 4.0

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> The problem is this code has been there for 6 years and no investment has
> been made for any kind of upgradation. Also, we are kind of moving into auto

The most pragmatic solution is most likely "download the source code
to Maven1 and the plugins we are using, find the line(s) that need to
be modified to accommodate our needs, make the changes, and release a
new version of said plugins with those changes into our corporate
MRM."

Hopefully there is investment available for this. Otherwise you're
just dead in the water.

Wayne

Re: Jar file path in application.xml incorrect - Maven 1.0 & JBoss 4.0

Posted by sundeepmalali <su...@gmail.com>.
The problem is this code has been there for 6 years and no investment has
been made for any kind of upgradation. Also, we are kind of moving into auto
pilot mode shortly and need to make certain changes before setting it on
auto pilot.

So I really need this solution to move on to other things which will use
more recent versions.

Posted by Manfred Moser <ma...@mosabuam.com>.
On 11-12-19 07:56 AM, Wayne Fay wrote:
>> I'm using Maven 1.0 to generate the ear and deploy it in JBoss 4.0.
>>
>> ... Any help is appreciated.
> Are you honestly still using Maven 1? If so, you're pretty much on
> your own at this point.
>
> You really need to upgrade to Maven2 or ideally Maven3.
>
> Wayne

Given that requests like that keep coming .. should we somehow retire
Maven 1 even more like Maven it really hard to find downloads and more
.. can we move it to the attic or so?

Or at least something like a warning on top of whatever download page
stating that yo are going to use a completely unsupported software ..
you are on your own..

manfred

Re: Jar file path in application.xml incorrect - Maven 1.0 & JBoss 4.0

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.