Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2016/05/06 11:30:13 UTC

Cutting down on jenkins email

All,

If you're subscribed to commits@ you'll have seen that there was an influx
of about 700 emails last night.  While its good that Matej's changes fixed
a lot of broken builds, that's a lot of emails to get through.  Right now
our jenkins jobs send email for each failing module.  IMHO it should just
be at a job level (since we have a lot of modules).

Anyone opposed to only sending an email per job instead of per module?

John

Re: Cutting down on jenkins email

Posted by Matej Novotny <ma...@redhat.com>.
> IMHO we can do a lot to clean up these jobs.  Do we need all of them in
> your opinion? Key weld versions to test with?

That is really your call, although I think it is good to have it properly tested if you want to ensure your features work with all those versions.

You might not need every version but it won't hurt to have jobs for at least the lowest supported versions (of all branches - 1.x, 2.2, 2.3
, 3.x) and latest releases. Those can run with the new -PWeldX profiles.
Plus keep at least one job per Weld major version for managed containers. This will ensure you detect problems such as those I was fixing recently.

Or, if you want to alleviate the load on Jenkins machines, you might only keep regular jobs with latest releases and make a "release" job which will trigger all version testing.
Whichever works for you, really :)

In any case I would keep more than just latest versions.

Matej

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matej Novotny <ma...@redhat.com>.
Hey there