Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Wa...@americancentury.com on 2004/05/18 15:46:24 UTC

mod_perl IDE

What would you recommend for Windows-based integrated development
environment for non-heavy-programmers such as DBAs and data analysts?
Target server platforms are Windows and AIX.

Waldo Tumanut
Database Analyst

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This electronic transmission (including any
accompanying attachments) is intended solely for its authorized
recipient(s), and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged
information.  If you are not an intended recipient, or responsible for
delivering some or all of this transmission to an intended recipient, be
aware that any review, copying, printing, distribution, use or disclosure of
the contents of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this electronic message in error, please contact us immediately by
electronic mail at EmailNotification@americancentury.com or notify us
immediately by telephone at 1-800-345-2021 or 816-531-5575 and destroy the
original and all copies of this transmission (including any attachments).
Thank you.

Re: mod_perl IDE

Posted by Mike Ward <mi...@skybird-travel.com>.
Just my 2 cents, but on windows, I like OptiPerl. Sadly it's only
shareware, but it's still very nice. The Regex tester alone is enough to
make me like it.

http://www.xarka.com/optiperl/

--
Mike Ward
mike@skybird-travel.com

Re: mod_perl IDE

Posted by Brent 'Dax' Royal-Gordon <br...@brentdax.com>.
Waldo_Tumanut/MO/americancentury@americancentury.com wrote:
> What would you recommend for Windows-based integrated development
> environment for non-heavy-programmers such as DBAs and data analysts?
> Target server platforms are Windows and AIX.

If you already have a Visual Studio license, I'm partial to
ActiveState's VisualPerl plugin.  Includes syntax highlighting, debugger
integration, and all sorts of other shinies.

--
Brent "Dax" Royal-Gordon <br...@brentdax.com>
Perl and Parrot hacker

Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.