Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/16 19:35:11 UTC

Merging smores branch into Cordova-Android TODAY

Hey

I'm going to be merging the smores branch into master by 3:00 PM today.
I've left this pull request open for the past week, so we should be ready
to go.  Please let me know if there's any reason I shouldn't merge this
in.  Once this is merged, there will be a discuss thread for
Cordova-Android 5.0.0.

If you have a Nexus device, please update it to Marshmallow and start
testing Cordova applications and filing those issues in our JIRA.  If
there's third party plugins, please let me know, and I will look at them
and see if there's any major issues with that plugin being upgraded and
will try to contact the author.

If we can be a bit more pro-active with this one to try and avoid breakage
(there shouldn't be much breakage, since most plugins don't ask for more
permissions), that would be awesome.

Thanks

Joe

Re: Merging smores branch into Cordova-Android TODAY

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.
Changes have been merged.  Going to start up a discuss thread for
Cordova-Android 5.0.  We should probably keep the discuss thread for this
open a bit longer.

Posted by Nikhil Khandelwal <ni...@microsoft.com>.
Thanks Joe!

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nikhil Khandelwal <ni...@microsoft.com>.
I think there are two aspects of the CI. I think Dmitry is handling the BuildBOT CI update to support android-23.

Travis CI need android 23 which is causing Joe's change to fail in PR state: https://travis-ci.org/apache/cordova-android/builds/83964922

Joe you need to update Travis, as part of your change. In the file, https://github.com/apache/cordova-android/blob/master/.travis.yml replace android-22 with android-23.

Thanks,
Nikhil