Posted to users@felix.apache.org by "Carl F. Hall" <ca...@et.gatech.edu> on 2009/12/17 23:13:26 UTC

SCR Cardinality

I'm trying to setup a property to be an array without giving it any initial values.
I've tried using this:

@Property(cardinality = Integer.MAX_VALUE)
protected static final String PROP_ATTRIBUTES = "ldap.provider.attributes";

But get this in my build:
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "Integer.MAX_VALUE"
	at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
	at java.lang.Integer.valueOf(Integer.java:554)
	at org.apache.felix.scrplugin.tags.annotation.defaulttag.Util.getIntValue(Util.java:58)
	at org.apache.felix.scrplugin.tags.annotation.defaulttag.PropertyTag$1.cardinality(PropertyTag.java:47)
	at org.apache.felix.scrplugin.tags.annotation.defaulttag.PropertyTag.getNamedParameterMap(PropertyTag.java:226)
	at org.apache.felix.scrplugin.tags.annotation.defaulttag.AbstractTag.getNamedParameter(AbstractTag.java:47)

I'm using version 1.0.0 of the annotations. Am I doing something wrong?

Re: SCR Cardinality

Posted by "Carl F. Hall" <ca...@et.gatech.edu>.
Thanks for the clarification, Felix.  I'll update my classes appropriately.

Re: SCR Cardinality

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 05.01.2010 19:53, Carl F. Hall wrote:
> Yes, I would like an unbounded array.  The scr docs say to use Integer.MAX_INT but that isn't available in Integer nor can I specify it as a String since the field wants an int.  What would be the correct way to specify an unbounded cardinality?

As nasty as it is, you have to explicitly declare the number:

  −2147483648 for an unbounded Vector
   2147483647 for an unbounded array

When using the JavaDoc annotations you have the synthatic sugar of being
able to say "+" for an unbounded array and "-" for an unbounded Vector.
But this is obviously not possible with annotations.

BTW: In Rev. 896326 I have enhanced the Property annotation JavaDoc to

Re: SCR Cardinality

Posted by "Carl F. Hall" <ca...@et.gatech.edu>.

RE: SCR Cardinality

Posted by Niels B Nielsen <ni...@jpmorgan.com>.